Hello hello! How are you?
Not liking chocolate doesn’t stop me from making chocolate stuff for my family. Well, if there is a way to reach someone’s heart is giving them chocolate cake or cookies or bonbons! Not that I need to use those methods (/me sobbing in a dark corner).
Anyway, today I bring you one of those chocolate treats that I make to present my loved ones. It’s a result of some adjustments to other recipes that I’ve found online: ones had too much sugar, others had too much oil, some didn’t have vanilla (trust me on this: it makes a difference!), others weren’t moist enough (I mean, I don’t like it and I don’t taste it, BUT I still think it’s better when it is moist inside and properly baked on the outside. Right?)…
So, I’ve come up with is one recipe! Here goes nothing!
- 500 g of sweet potato
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 20 g of coconut oil
- 100 g of flour (I used white wheat flour, but any will do)
- 111 g of brown sugar (ahah actually, I was aiming for 110 g, but in the first try I got 111 and since I love numbers and find them interesting and beautiful – crazy much? – I left it at that)
- 100 ml of warm water
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of ground coffee (this will enhance the chocolate flavour)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel and slice the sweet potato, and steam it for about 25min (Tip: save the peel and freeze it for making your own veggie stock when you have enough food scraps, like peels and ends)
- In a double-boiler, melt and blend the chocolate and the coconut oil together
- With a blender, mix all the ingredients together (or in a bowl and a spoon)
- Pour the dough into a pan (I used a rectangular one, but it’s up to you really)
- Put in the oven at 180º for around 40 minutes (it will depend on your oven, so check it after 30 min)
And there you go! A delicious brownie! Am I right? It was a huge success in my house! For me not so much, cause the house smelled like chocolate for hours. (blergh! Ahahah)
Try this recipe out, leave a comment and tell me if you like it!
Hope you have a great week! *