Hello hello! How are you?
Who doesn’t love granola? Am I right? It’s crunchy and delicious; you can eat it on its own or add it to milk or yogurt. However, if you look at the label, most brand add too much oil, too much sugar or honey… “Oh but honey is healthy!”… Honey (pun intended), it’s like most things in life: Anything in excess is bad. And if you are a strict vegetarian - like me - you won’t want to buy that product. Granted, there are some good brands, but if I have time to spare, I’ll just make my own.
Today, I’m sharing my latest one! Here it goes!
- 3 bananas
- 4 cups of oat
- 1 cup of nuts and dried fruits (I used walnut, hazelnut, almond and cranberries)
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of agave syrup
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- Optional: half a tablet of dark chocolate
- Mash the bananas.
- Add the peanut butter, agave syrup and cinnamon, and mix.
- Add the oat and coconut, and mix.
- Add the nut and dried fruit mixture and mix.
- Display the mixture on a tray and take it to the oven for around 40 minutes at 170ºC.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Break it into small chunks.
Oh and since it is not that sweet on its own, I melted dark chocolate and drizzled it over the broken granola, when the granola was already at room temperature. Personally, I don’t need it to be sweeter, because I eat it along with fruits – that are naturally sweet – or plant milk – which is already sweet as well. But for chocolate lovers or whoever has a sweet tooth, try to add the chocolate!
Try this recipe out, leave a comment and let me know if you like it! I hope you like it as much as we do here at home!
Hope you have a great week! *