Hello hello! How are you?
I’ve been thinking of posting one of the snacks I make at home and since almost everyone I know is a chocolate lover, I chose this one, despite not liking chocolate myself.
Honestly, I make everything with my hands or eyeball estimates. I started cooking really early in my life, first helping my parents preparing meals and then venturing out to cook meals alone. After so many years, you get to know the consistency you’re look for in cookies, cakes or sauces, the amount of spices you want to add to achieve a specific taste, and so on.
But since I’ve started this recipe sharing, I am forcing myself to measure ingredients while cooking.
So fear not, my dear friends! I have plenty of experience in making stuff with chocolate, and lots of family and friends around me (aka guinea pigs) who enjoy them.
For this kind of snack, I really just add ingredients as I feel like adding at the moment. There is kind of a basic recipe that can be adjusted as one likes. So you can adjust the extra ingredients according to what you have available in your pantry. Be it seeds, nuts, dried fruits.
I made this one as protein bar. My boyfriend’s job makes him walk a lot in downtown Lisbon, where he walks up and down several times and sometimes doesn’t even have time to eat a proper meal. Hence the chocolate puffed quinoa slice, so he can have energy boost in a small slice of heaven.
- 200 g of dark cooking chocolate
- 1,5 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
What I added
- 1,5 tbsp peanut butter
- 2/3 cup of puffed quinoa
- 5 tbsp of oats
- 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 0,5 tbsp of sesame seeds (topping)
- Melt the chocolate with the oil (on a double-boiler or microwave).
- Add the rest of the ingredients, one by one, mixing them well (I added them by that order).
- Pour the mixture in a baking dish and level it so that the surface is even.
- Set it in the fridge for a couple of hours to harden.
- Slice it into desired size (I sliced it into small cubes).
Since it’s still warm around here, I suggest that you store them in the fridge.
I hope that you try and like it!
Leave a comment, share this recipe with your family and friends, and enjoy!
Hope you have a great week! *