Hello hello! How are you?
It’s been a while. Been busy. But is there a better way of apologising than sharing a recipe with you?
How many of you have gone crazy with pictures of vegan cheesecakes that are made with nuts and either it’s too expensive to make (at least in Portugal, cashews and almonds are crazy expensive) or you can’t eat it because you’re allergic to nuts?
Well, this recipe may be your salvation! It is the answer to your prayers! It’s been widely tested (some family and friends only, but still counts ahahah) and I guarantee that you will love it!
So, brace yourselves, because your life is gonna change… FOREVER! (Hell yeah!)
- 1 cup of puff quinoa
- 1/2 cup of golden flaxseed meal (I just blended flaxseeds until roughly powdered)
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of agave
- 600 ml of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp of brown sugar (I used muscovado and I blended it into a powder, so it would blend more easily)
- 4/3 cup of oat flour (I just blended oats until powdered)
- Mix crust ingredients and scoop the mixture into a pie dish (or cups, as I did) and press it down firmly on the bottom (I used a wooden pestle, but if you don’t have one, just use the bottom of a cup or a jar… upcycle!)
- Using a mixer, whip the coconut cream on medium-high speed until it's fluffy and forms peaks.
- Add the sugar and mix a bit more.
- Add the oat flour and mix again.
- Take 4/3 cup of cream and add 2 pinches of chlorella.
- Pour the “plain” mixture over the crust.
- Place it in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden a bit.
- Pour the chlorella mixture over the “plain” one.
- Place it in the freezer.
You can really adjust the crust ingredients to whatever you like and you can sprinkle some cocoa chips on top of the creamy layer. Get creative! Get crazy! Well… not crazy...
Whenever you want to eat it, just take it from the freezer and set it on the counter for 10 min and it will adjust to the right consistency. Or instead of leaving it in the freezer, put it in the fridge after a couple of hours, and it will be ready to eat whenever you want!
So, I highly recommend you to try this recipe! Oh yes, I have no modesty whatsoever regarding my food! If it sucks, I’m the first one saying so, but when it’s great (not just good, ahahah) I try to share with people, in order for them to try and taste and experience the same joy!
Anyway… Hope you try and like it as much as we did! Leave a comment, share this recipe with your family and friends, and enjoy!
Hope you have a great weekend! *